Z365R ZTrak™ Mower with Accel Deep Mower
The 48-in. (122-cm) Accel Deep Mower Deck is a stamped-steel, deep, flat-top design that delivers excellent cut quality, productivity, cleanliness, durability, and versatility. Optimal performance and dispersion of clippings is provided, even at faster mowing speeds:
- 4.5-in. (11.4-cm) deep throughout the entire deck shell for optimum mowing, mulching, and bagging performance
- Optional MulchControl attachment provides superior mulching performance and versatility.
- Stamped-steel design eliminates sharp edges and corners where material can build up and diminish mowing performance
- Mower deck is suspended from the vehicle for a smooth and level cut
- Adjustable mower wheels, positioned just above ground level, help smooth out the mowing job
Excellent cut quality
Accel Deep Mower top (similar mower from X700 Series Tractor shown)
Accel Deep Mower underside (similar mower from X700 Series Tractor shown)
Deep mower-deck stamping gives excellent cut quality. It allows the cut and suspended material room to exit the deck without getting recut:
- Reducing the amount of re-cutting enables more power to be used to cut incoming grass, which greatly improves mower capacity.
- Helps maintain excellent cut quality at faster mowing speeds
- Clean flow of material out of discharge area prevents cut material from interfering with cutting the incoming grass, making it possible for the blades to cut incoming material cleanly.
- Even in mulching mode, cut evenness is improved compared to other designs because the additional depth allows for continuous circulation, optimal re-cutting, and an even distribution of clippings.
Productivity - getting the job done fast
Right side of Accel Deep 48A Mower Deck
Deep mower-deck stamping gives high productivity, which gets the job done fast. It allows the cut and suspended material room to exit the deck quickly, reducing the amount of recutting so more power is available to process incoming grass:
- Greatly improves mowers capacity to maintain excellent mowing performance in difficult mowing conditions and at higher speeds
Large discharge opening is both high and wide to handle more material:
- Gives a smooth, even discharge of clippings at all mowing speeds
- Reduces the chance of plugging, especially important when operating in wet, thick, or dense grass and when bagging
Cleanliness - for the mower and the operator
Accel Deep 48A Mower Deck
The flat-top shape of the deck stamping is optimal for keeping itself and the operator clean:
- There are few places to catch and hold material on top and underneath the deck.
- Top of deck stays cleaner, reducing time and effort needed for cleaning and service
- Underside of deck is self-cleaning to maintain optimum performance without buildup of material to interfere with the flow of air and clippings
- Less need to clean and remove buildup of material from underside deck
- The depth of the Accel Deep Mower Deck minimizes the amount of material that escapes from the front of the deck
- Limited amount of material to drift onto the operator and mower deck
- Even for material discharged out the chute, less recutting results in larger pieces that are less likely to end up on the operator
- Mulching prevents the discharge of material completely and the MulchControl attachment makes mulching a practical solution for most mowing situations.
Cleaning a mower deck, both top and bottom, is one of the most frequent maintenance activities:
- The flat-top design reduces places for material to build up and makes material that does collect easy to remove.
Mower wash port
Mower wash port with hose connector
A wash port is provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy.
- Hose connector is included with the mower deck.
How MulchControl works
MulchControl baffle open (similar mower from X700 Series Tractor shown)
MulchControl baffle closed (similar mower from X700 Series Tractor shown)
MulchControl is an innovative, simple design that is easy to use and maintain:
- The MulchControl attachment includes baffles to control the flow of material under the deck.
- The MulchControl baffle, or divider, between the left and middle spindles is about halfway down. The height is designed to balance the mulching and side-discharge modes.
- When the MulchControl baffle is open, the divider between the left and middle spindles passes a portion of the material to the discharge opening, along with the material from the middle and right spindle areas.
- When the MulchControl baffle is closed, the material stays within the deck and gets chopped into mulch and deposited in the turf.
Superior durability is designed in
Mower wheels are double captured
The 48A Mower Deck has strong spindle pockets, to keep the blades aligned, even after years of tough service:
- Ribs in the deck shell add strength where it is needed.
- The 48A has a 23 percent heavier overall weight than the Edge™ Xtra 48-in. (122-cm) Mower Deck used on previous machines.
Mower wheels are double captured:
- Provides greater strength and durability for longer, trouble-free life.
- Single-bolt adjustment makes setting wheels to the correct height for the cutting height quick and easy.
Low-tension belt-drive design reduces the side load on engine lower bearings and mower deck bearings for longer life.
The 48A Mower Deck features a 5/8-in. (16-mm) diameter solid-steel rod side bumper that provides extra strength and protection.
Dual-stage E-coat and powder-paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
Versatility - easy to change between side discharge, mulch, and bagging modes
The 48A Mower is designed for maximum versatility, providing the greatest ease in changing from one mower discharge mode to another:
- When the optional MulchControl attachment is installed (along with the special mulching blades), changing from side-discharge to mulching or vice versa is done with the simple flip of a lever.
Lever-action MulchControl standard equipment on the Z365R
The MulchControl system included with the Z365R 48-in. (122-cm) Mower Deck makes mulching more practical for many mowing situations because it not only does an excellent job of mulching but it also allows the mower to be easily converted for times when it is more desirable to side discharge or collect the lawn material. Advantages of mulching grass clippings include:
- A beautiful looking lawn
- Grass clippings not blown onto the operator, driveways, or flower beds
- Less fertilizer use
- Elimination of the effort needed to dispose of clippings
MulchControl baffle, closed
MulchControl handle, closed
- The MulchControl handle is located on top of the mower deck and used to open and close the discharge baffle.
- The operator is required to get off the machine in order to engage or disengage mulch mode.
- Changing from mulching to side discharge or vice versa takes only a few seconds.
MulchControl is well-suited to the following mowing situations:
- Usually mulch, but side discharge when grass gets too long
- Usually side-discharge, but would like to be able to close the chute to control clippings
- Always mulch a main lawn, but often side discharge secondary lawns
- Bag clippings, but want to go farther before emptying bags
MulchControl puts the operator in control of the clippings. The operator can have all the benefits of mulching with the ability to easily change to side discharge or bagging when needed.
While in the side-discharge mode, MulchControl will still mulch about one-third of the material. Therefore, the side-discharge mode is essentially a partial-mulch mode. This can be an advantage when side discharging or bagging, as it helps to reduce the amount of material being discharged. Other times this could work as a disadvantage:
- When cutting strong southern grasses, such as Zoysia and Bermuda
- When cutting in wet, high-growth conditions, such as those found in the Pacific Northwest United States
- When optimum bagging and lawn clean-up is desired
NOTE: A rear bagger is not available for ZTrak Z355E, Z355R, or Z365R.